Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week Twelve

Video Story and Listserv

The video project was very time-consuming for me. I had trouble coming up with content for my story. After running into a few dead ends, I found the website of a National Board Certified Math Teacher, Tricia Apel. She seems like a fantastic teacher. On her website she had photos of middle school math students working on various projects. So, I decided to use those photos for my story. Also, I spent some time trying to use the Movie Maker feature for titles, but I didn't like the way they looked on top of the pictures, and you could only do very plain titles without graphics. So I decided to use some PowerPoint slides instead. The audio was pretty straightforward. However, it took a while to find a peppy song to start and end the video. I finally found one on the Microsoft website and downloaded it. All in all this was one of the most challenging assignments for me. Click below to access my movie.



Creating the listserv was very easy. Just follow the directions from Google, and invite the members of your group. If the majority of the parents in a class have email accounts, this would be a great way to communicate with them. My listserv is called
panthers-math@google.groups.com

3 comments:

  1. Great job. I really like the movie you created, which is very creative and visually appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your video looks great. It was very professional and you spoke very clearly during the video. The topics that you covered were very interesting and would be very informative for parents. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video looks very nice! It is hard to tell that you had not done this before. Using the powerpoint slides was a great idea. Since most of us are not very used to editing video, using a form of media we are familiar with makes it much more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete